Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 5 - Give One on One Time

On Day 5, it was Sunday, a day of rest. I spent the day with my family doing a lot of nothing...just resting, watching movies, then dinner with our extended family. I specifically spent a lot of one on one time with my seven year old daughter. She is the funniest thing! My oldest was invited to the lake with friends, so that left just my husband, myself and our 7 year old at home.
I'm always amazed at how funny and entertaining this child is. She's the tough cookie, the clown, the ball of energy and the sweet cuddly one...all rolled into a four foot 50 lb frame! Sassy would be the word to describe this child. Her hair is a dirty blond, that seems to get a little darker each year and her eyes are a beautiful replica of her fathers...mostly green with flecks of blue and even a little brown and grey. It's a strange combination that changes with what she is wearing that day.
As we watched a movie in my bedroom, she learned that she could flip over my vertical body and, with my help, land on the floor on her feet. Over and over she flipped and flipped, squealing with delight and making me laugh so hard.
What a fun, lazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment