Thursday, August 11, 2011

To Catch Up...

Well, I guess I haven't been so great at daily journalling these days. I've continued on the path of daily giving and feel like I am reaping the rewards. Everyday that I give, I receive so much in return...most of which cannot be measured. I started out giving monetary things, which I discovered was really the easy way out for me. I'm not rich by any means, but found that giving things that didn't cost very much was an easy give for me.
As I examined my giving, I realized that giving my time and attention were the harder things for me to give. With that revelation, I decided that was the direction I wanted to go with my giving challenge. I began to find ways to give of myself in bigger ways. I gave time to a friend. A lengthy phone call that I previously would have been too impatient to give. I visited with a neighbor who is an introvert. Something I have thought of doing for a LONG time now, just really never found the time to do.
I find that each day I am excited to give more and more of myself to others. I have gained patience and understanding that I don't think I would have gained had it not been for accepting this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment