Friday, July 29, 2011

Making Some Changes

As I'm doing this 29 Day Giving exercise, I am reflecting on my life and things I need to change. It has already made me more calm, if that's the right word. I'm catching myself going through my day with an attitude of giving and openness versus one of indifference. Sometimes I find that I try not to interact with people....choosing to say little to people I don't know throughout my day.
Just yesterday, I told my youngest daughter that she has the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. This is something I often think when I look at her sweet little pixie face, but don't usually verbalize. Her face lit up with a smile that made my day. Such a small give, that obviously meant so much.
Okay, to continue with the changes, I am going to officially take the bootcamp challenge beginning Monday. Some friends have been doing a local bootcamp and their results (inches lost, new found energy, endurance) are very motivating. I've been using every excuse in the book as to why I haven't joined yet....my high blood pressure, the extreme heat, I'd be the fattest one there, you name it...I've said it to myself. The truth is, I'm tired of being tired and fat. I used to be skinny and healthy and I'm angry at myself for spending the past 12 years fat. It's made me someone that I'm not. My kids are getting older and busier and I don't want to embarrass them by not being able to keep up.
There. I said it. NOW I HAVE TO DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment