Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 2 - Give a Generous Tip

On Day 2, I thought all day about my give. In the afternoon, I called to make an appointment for a long-overdue haircut. I'm very slack about getting a haircut...or taking care of myself in general (which is something I am vowing to change). The last haircut I had was probably six months ago, and it was a quick dry cut of the ends by a friend.
I had a gift card to the nicest spa in town I'd been sitting on since my birthday in September, so I called there to make the appointment. Unbelievably, there was an opening at 5, so I was able to get it done the same day!
Ken, my hairdresser, was a super nice guy and friendly enough. He took extra time shampooing and giving my scalp that good 'ole massage. As I sat there, I thought, I'm gonna give him an extra good tip as my gift for today!
So, I finished up, looking fabulous with my new haircut and went to the front desk to pay. I sure hope it made Ken happy to get that very large tip! It sure made me happy to give it to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment